If you’ve been following us, you know we’re a manufacturing company in Chaska, Minnesota. If you don’t know us, we custom-fabricate flexible materials that serve many purposes. Here are a few more things to know about us:
Over 8 Types of Processes
We utilize many manufacturing processes to create products for our customers. These include:
- Die-cutting (using steel rule dies to stamp or blank out parts)
- Rotary die-cutting (allows for tight tolerances and repeatability on thinner gauge materials)
- Kiss cutting (using steel rule dies on the release liner of a pressure-sensitive adhesive)
- Splitting (used on open cell and closed cell foams to ensure thickness specifications)
- Waterjet cutting (produces tight tolerance parts with clean, accurate edges)
- Laser cutting (used to cut thin gauge plastics, open and closed-cell foam, compressed fiber and adhesives)
- Slitting (used on plastics, rubbers, open and closed cell foams, papers, foils and more)
- Digital cutting (uses different types of blades or router bits to cut thin gauge plastics and rubber as well as foams from .031” to 1” thick)
- And more
Working With a Wide Variety of Materials
- Closed-cell sponges (ideal for applications requiring a physical barrier such as gaskets, vibration dampeners, isolators, mounting pads, bumpers and spacers, seals and weather stripping)
- Open-cell foams (meet many design criteria for filtration functions including collecting vaporized oils from industrial equipment, acting as an evaporative surface and removing dust and contaminating particles from air, gases and liquids)
- Plastic (We manufacture and convert raw plastic for insulating, absorption, barriers and more)
- Rubber (for gaskets, spacers, bumpers and more from elastomeric materials)
- Tapes (3M™ VHB™ used in replacing spot welds, screws, rivets and liquid adhesives)
- And many more
A Proud 3M™ Preferred Converter & Rogers Corporation Preferred Converter
The road to becoming a 3M™ Preferred Converter and a Preferred Converter for Rogers Corporation is difficult. Our materials experts completed rigorous, product-specific training sessions and earned the trust and respect of these elite companies. We can custom fabricate materials from these companies to your exact specifications.
AFP is 100% employee-owned with many long-term employees in key positions. This means we have customer satisfaction built into our culture and will do whatever it takes to make our customers happy.
Over 30 Years Offering Custom Flexible Products & Professional Guidance
We’ve been doing this for a long time. Our engineers create custom-fabricated parts ranging from prototype quantities to high-volume production runs. We also offer product design assistance and key production methods to deliver durable, cost-effective parts. Some quick stats:
- 99% on-time delivery
- 96% customer satisfaction
Need Custom-Fabricated Materials? Contact Us Today!
American Flexible Products is a nationwide converter of flexible materials—from foam to rubber to silicone and more. Every product is custom-cut and shaped to your design specs by our materials engineers.
Call (952) 368-4225 or fill out our form below. Our material experts will help guide you through our process and give you a free quote.