When it comes to bonding strength, we stick with the best. Companies across the world use 3M™ VHB™ (Very High Bond) Tapes when they need the best bonding and sealing tapes.
As an Authorized 3M™ Select Converter, our engineers are able to use 3M’s durable materials to manufacture your products. This means we can layer your parts with VHB Tape for increased productivity, high strength, long-term durability and improved appearance.
Strength for high-bond applications
3M VHB Tapes feature all-acrylic construction for strength and durability in rough environments, replacing spot welds, screws, rivets and liquid adhesives. 3M VHB Tapes have the strength to:
- bond with high holding strength for static or dynamic stress
- provide a continuous bond to distribute stress over the entire surface
- viscoelastic properties absorb shock and flexing for reliability against wind, vibration and other stresses
- eliminate pull-through, dimpling and weld distortion
- dampen vibration
3M VHB Tapes have the durability needed for long-term performance, both indoors or outdoors. 3M VHB Tapes resist heat, cold, temperature cycling, UV light, moisture and solvents. 3M VHB Tapes also:
- seal against environmental conditions
- prevent bi-metallic corrosion
- dampen vibration to prevent metal fatigue
- compensate for differential of thermal expansion
The versatility and ease of application of 3M VHB Tapes increase productivity, saving you time and money. Other advantages:
- Pressure-sensitive adhesives bond on contact with no bottlenecks for drying time or fixturing
- Fast, easy assembly
- 3M VHB Tapes can eliminate time consuming labor like drilling, grinding, refinishing, screwing, welding and cleanup
- Can be die cut to precisely fit any shape, size or profile
- Easy to use with minimal training
3M VHB Tapes have an aesthetic improvement you can see and feel. When you work with us, you’ll be bale to have:
- virtually invisible fastening to help keep surfaces smooth and clean
- bonding to many painted and powder coated surfaces, and plastics such as acrylic, polycarbonate, ABS
- bonding to metal and most plastics with minimal surface preparation
- lighter weight and thinner materials
- materials for high-impact visual combinations
- a prevention against bi-metallic corrosion
- the ability to join dissimilar materials
- uniform thickness for repeatable results without expensive equipment
Specialty 3M Tapes
Not every project is the same. That’s why we work with specialty 3M VHB Tapes, like the ultra-thin foam tape series. These thin 3M tapes make bonding a breeze for materials, especially electronics.
The 3M VHB thin series is specially formulated for lens bonding, bezel bonding and liquid crystal monitor bonding. This series comes in tapes as thin as .15mm (or 0.006 inches). Or choose the L-Series, an economical set of tapes to bond open cell foams, like PU and PE foams.
- The 3M L1 tape is reinforced with a high-density scrim carrier, providing more stability when laminating. Its adhesive flows for good bond strength around contoured surfaces or tight radiuses.
- The L1+DCP Tape has added dimensional stability for laminating or die cutting, especially on flexible materials and thin substrates.
- The 3M L2+T3 is often chosen for lamination to many open and closed cell foams where wet-out and adhesion conformability is more important than dimensional stability when laminating.
The best help for creating your custom parts
Our engineers work with you to shape your parts from top-sourced flexible materials.