- designed specifically for high temperature and high pressure applications
- available in a range of thicknesses and durometers
- grades also available with fiberglass reinforcement for added dimensional stability and increased tear strength
Temperature and Pressure
Solid Silicone is designed specifically for high temperature and high-pressure gasketing applications.
Specification Grade solid silicone rubber is non-toxic, chemically inert and FDA compliant and resistant to UV, ozone and fungus.
several Grade options
Silicone gaskets come in many grades to allow customers to match their requirements with the appropriate product.
Solid silicone sheet is the most commonly used type of silicone rubber for gasketing. Commercial grade solid silicone sheeting is designed for applications where physical properties are not critical but extreme temperature resistance is still needed.
Solid silicone rubber sheets are best for gasketing that requires higher physical properties and a lower compression set. This material is resistant to extreme temperatures and is proven to be an excellent gasket material in severe environments. Specification Grade solid silicone rubber is non-toxic, chemically inert and FDA compliant. It is also resistant to UV, ozone and fungus.
Silicone rubber has several ideal characteristics:
- chemical resistance
- high-temperature performance
- thermal and electrical resistance
- long-term resiliency
- easy fabrication
Application Bulletins and Articles
- Tips on Storage and Handling of BISCO Silicones(English; 83 KB)
- BISCO Material Selection Guide (English; 3 MB)
- HT-1200 Series General Purpose Solid Silicones (English; 50 KB)
AFP is 100% employee owned
Every call, question or quote request will be answered by an owner.