Rogers PORON is used in many industries, including communication, automotive and electronics. It’s even been used in the Hubble Space Telescope since its launch in 1990!
If you’re considering using PORON for your devices or equipment, here are some benefits to consider:
1) Able to handle a large range of temperatures (from -40°F all the way up to 194°F)
2) Durable and sustainable performance thanks to compression set resistance
3) Low outgassing and non-fogging, which keeps the material from crumbling
4) Flame retardant without using additives (many grades meet flammability requirements of UL HBF and MVSS 302)
5) A wide modulus range (2-90 psi at 25% deflection), which provides design flexibility
6) Chemical resistance without plasticizers or residual chemicals to contaminate your device or equipment
7) Ease of fabrication: can be cut cleanly and bonds to a range of adhesives
8) Thicknesses from 0.012″ to 0.500″ (0.43mm to 12.7mm)
Need Custom Fabricated PORON? Fill Out the Form to Talk to an Expert and Get a Quote!
American Flexible Products is a nation-wide converter of flexible materials—from foam to rubber to silicone and more. Every product is custom-cut and shaped to your design specs by our materials engineers.
We are an official Preferred Converter of products from Rogers Corporation, allowing us to custom fabricate Rogers’ PORON® Urethane product lines. Fill out the form and our material experts will help you choose the right grade, size, and shape for your prototype.