AFP is highly regarded as a Preferred Converter for Rogers Corporation, heavily experienced with both the PORON® Urethane and BISCO® Silicone product lines.
PORON is an open cell microcellular urethane foam. It offers a broad range of design solutions for gasketing, sealing, vibration, sound dampening and energy absorption. Low compression set and low outgassing features make these high-performance foams ideal for applications in communications, automotive, electronic and more.
PORON products offer the following valuable benefits:
- Outstanding compression set resistance that enables durable, long-term performance for gasketing, sealing and cushioning.
- Low outgassing and non-fogging, containing no plasticizers or residual chemicals to contaminate the device; the material will not become brittle and crumble, and is non-corrosive to metal
- Inherently flame retardant without the use of additives. Many of the materials meet flammability requirements of UL HBF and MVSS 302.
- Formulations offering a wide modulus range (2-90 psi @ 25% deflection) allowing greater design flexibility.
- Good chemical resistance
- Easy to fabricate, cuts cleanly and bonds to a range of adhesives
- Broad range of formulas and thicknesses from 0.012″ to 0.500″ (0.43mm to 12.7mm)
We offer the following PORON products:
- 4790-92 Extra soft, slow rebound with a very low closure force.
- 4701-30 Very soft, easily compressed for use where flexibility is a key requirement.
- 4701-40 Soft material for a wide variety of applications.
- 4701-41 Soft, enhanced sealability material offering greater closed-cell content.
- 4701-50 Firm material used for managing high energy impact with gasketing needs.
- 4701-60 Very firm material used for energy management solutions.
AFP is 100% employee owned
Every call, question or quote request will be answered by an owner.