800-945-4224 Toll Free 952-368-4225 952-368-4184(FAX) Contact Us
American Flexible is highly regarded as a Preferred Converter for Rogers Corporation. We are very knowledgeable with both the PORON® Urethane and BISCO® Silicone product lines.
PORON® is an open cell microcellular urethane foam. It offers a broad range of design solutions for gasketing, sealing, vibration and sound dampening and energy absorption. Low compression set and low outgassing features make these high performance foams ideal for applications in communications, automotive, electronic, and other industrial devices.
PORON® products offer the following valuable benefits:
- Outstanding compression set resistance which enables durable, long-term performance for gasketing, sealing, and cushioning.
- Low-outgassing and non-fogging, containing no plasticizers or residual chemicals to contaminate the device. The material will not become brittle and crumble and is non-corrosive to metal.
- Inherently flame retardant without the use of additives. Many of the materials meet flammability requirements of UL HBF and MVSS 302.
- Formulations offering a wide modulus range – 2-90 psi @ 25% deflection – allowing greater design flexibility.
- Good chemical resistance
- Easy to fabricate, cuts cleanly and bonds to a wide range of adhesives
- Broad range of formulas and thicknesses from 0.012″ to 0.500″ (0.43mm to 12.7mm)
American Flexible offers the following PORON® products
- 4790-92 Extra soft, slow rebound with a very low closure force.
- 4701-30 Very soft, easily compressed for use where flexibility is a key requirement.
- 4701-40 Soft material for a wide variety of applications.
- 4701-41 Soft, enhanced sealability material offering greater closed-cell content.
- 4701-50 Firm material used for managing high energy impact with gasketing needs.
- 4701-60 Very firm material used for energy management solutions.
Call the PORON experts today at
Or use our contact form to connect with American Flexible today for all of your PORON® needs.