800-945-4224 Toll Free 952-368-4225 952-368-4184(FAX) Contact Us
3M VHB Tapes, Thin Tapes, New L Series Tapes
American Flexible Products always sources high quality, reliable products that perform to your most demanding applications, which is why we often use 3M VHB (Very High Bond) Tapes.
For decades, industries worldwide have been using 3M VHB Tapes to permanently bond and seal substrates for increased productivity, high strength, long-term durability, and improved appearance.
Strength for high-bond applications
3M VHB Tapes feature all-acrylic construction to provide strength and durability in highly demanding applications. VHB (Very High Bond) Tapes can actually replace spot welds, screws, rivets, and liquid adhesives.
3M VHB Tapes have the strength to:
- Bond with high holding strength for static or dynamic stress
- Provide a continuous bond to distribute stress over the entire surface
- Viscoelastic properties absorb shock and flexing for reliability against wind, vibration, and other stresses
- Eliminate pull-through, dimpling, and weld distortion
- Dampen vibration
3M VHB Tapes also have the durability needed for long term performance, indoors or outdoors. 3M VHB Tapes resist heat, cold, temperature cycling, UV light, moisture, and solvents.
3M VHB Tapes also:
- Seal against environmental conditions
- Prevent bi-metallic corrosion
- Damp vibration to prevent metal fatigue
- Compensate for differential of thermal expansion
Application ease and versatility of 3M VHB (Very High Bond) Tapes increase productivity. You’ll save time and money with increased efficiency.
- PSA (pressure sensitive adhesive) bonds on contact with no bottlenecks for drying time or fixturing
- Fast, easy assembly
- 3M VHB Tapes can eliminate time consuming labor – drilling, grinding, refinishing, screwing, welding and clean-up
- Die cut to precisely fit any shape, size, or profile
- Easy to use with minimal training
Clients are always very satisfied with the aesthetic appeal of 3M VHB Tapes. It’s an aesthetic improvement you can see and feel.
- Virtually invisible fastening helps keep surface smooth and clean to enhance design and appearance
- Expand the range of material options
- Bond most painted and powder coated surfaces, and plastics such as acrylic, polycarbonate, ABS
- Bond metal and most plastics with minimal surface preparation
- Use lighter weight and thinner materials
- Use a wider variety of materials more readily for high impact visual combinations
- Prevent bi-metallic corrosion
- Join dissimilar materials
- Uniform thickness creates repeatable results without expensive equipment
3M Thin Foam Tapes for electronics
3M L Series
- The 3M L1 Tape is reinforced with a high density scrim carrier, providing more stability when laminating. Its adhesive flows for good bond strength around contoured surfaces or tight radiuses.
- The L1+DCP Tape has added dimensional stability for laminating or die cutting, especially on flexible materials and thin substrates.
- The 3M L2+T3 is often chosen for lamination to many open and closed cell foams where wet-out and adhesion conformability is more important than dimensional stability when laminating.
We know 3M VHB Very High Bond Tapes!
Call us and speak to one of our materials experts who will guide you through every step of the way. American Flexible is a 3M Select Converter, so you know you’re in good hands when it comes to selecting the right 3M VHB (Very High Bond) tape for your application.