For decades, industries worldwide have been using 3M™ VHB™(Very High Bond) Tapes to permanently bond and seal substrates for increased productivity, high strength, long-term durability and improved appearance. AFP sources high-quality, reliable products that perform to your demanding applications, often choosing 3M VHB Tapes.
Strength for high-bond applications
3M VHB Tapes feature all-acrylic construction to provide strength and durability in highly demanding applications. VHB Tapes can even replace spot welds, screws, rivets and liquid adhesives. 3M VHB Tapes have the strength to:
- Bond with high holding strength for static or dynamic stress
- Provide a continuous bond to distribute stress over the entire surface
- Viscoelastic properties absorb shock and flexing for reliability against wind, vibration and other stresses
- Eliminate pull-through, dimpling and weld distortion
- Dampen vibration
3M VHB Tapes also have the durability needed for long-term performance, both indoors or outdoors. 3M VHB Tapes resist heat, cold, temperature cycling, UV light, moisture and solvents. 3M VHB Tapes also:
- Seal against environmental conditions
- Prevent bi-metallic corrosion
- Damp vibration to prevent metal fatigue
- Compensate for differential of thermal expansion
Application ease and versatility of 3M VHB Tapes increase productivity. You’ll save time and money with increased efficiency. Other advantages:
- Pressure sensitive adhesives bond on contact with no bottlenecks for drying time or fixturing
- Fast, easy assembly
- 3M VHB Tapes can eliminate time consuming labor such as drilling, grinding, refinishing, screwing, welding and cleanup
- Die cut to precisely fit any shape, size or profile
- Easy to use with minimal training
Clients are always satisfied with the aesthetic appeal of 3M VHB Tapes. It’s an aesthetic improvement you can see and feel.
- Virtually invisible fastening helps keep surface smooth and clean to enhance design and appearance
- Expand the range of material options
- Bond most painted and powder coated surfaces, and plastics such as acrylic, polycarbonate, ABS
- Bond metal and most plastics with minimal surface preparation
- Use lighter weight and thinner materials
- Use a wider variety of materials more readily for high impact visual combinations
- Prevent bi-metallic corrosion
- Join dissimilar materials
- Uniform thickness creates repeatable results without expensive equipment
3M Thin Foam Tapes for electronics
We work with specialty 3M VHB Tapes, such as the ultra-thin foam tape series. These special thin 3M tapes are used for bonding a range of materials, especially for electronics. This thin series of 3M VHB Tapes is specially formulated for applications such as lens bonding, bezel bonding and liquid crystal monitor bonding. This series comes in tapes as thin as .15mm, or 0.006 inches. Another option in the 3M tape family is the L-Series, which is an economical way to bond open cell foams including PU and PE foams.
- The 3M L1 tape is reinforced with a high-density scrim carrier, providing more stability when laminating. Its adhesive flows for good bond strength around contoured surfaces or tight radiuses.
- The L1+DCP Tape has added dimensional stability for laminating or die cutting, especially on flexible materials and thin substrates.
- The 3M L2+T3 is often chosen for lamination to many open and closed cell foams where wet-out and adhesion conformability is more important than dimensional stability when laminating.
AFP is 100% employee owned
Every call, question or quote request will be answered by an owner.